Firearm Transfer Process | Centerfire Sports - Updated September 29, 2023
Firearm Transfer Process - Updated September 29, 2023
If you're looking for information on our firearm transfer process, you're in the right place. Our experts at Centerfire Sports make the process smooth and straightforward. Here's what you need to know:
- Nevada DPS Background Checks: The Nevada Department of Public Safety may experience delays of 1-3 business days with NICS background checks.
- Important ATF Rule: Due to ATF's final rule 2021R-08F, we no longer accept transfers of firearms with a brace of any kind without approved NFA paperwork.
- Contact Us First: Please do not ship a firearm to us without contacting us first to ensure a smooth process.
- Acceptance Criteria: We only accept transfers from licensed FFL's and SOT's, and we do not facilitate private party transfers.
- CCW Holders: If you have a current LVMPD issued Concealed Firearms Permit (CCW), you are exempt from NDPS background checks but still need to fill out Form 4473.
- Bipartisan Safer Communities Act: Due to the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act of 2022, NICS transactions for persons aged 18-20 may take up to ten (10) business days.
Our pricing is transparent and affordable:
Customers without a current Nevada CCW: $25 per NICS background check.
- Contact Us: Reach out to us for approval before shipping your firearm or NFA item. Provide a valid receipt from the seller.
- Select FFL: Choose "IMAIGKA Corporation dba Centerfire Sports" as your destination FFL. The seller/sender must have a valid FFL.
- Contact the Seller: Instruct the seller or sender to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to start the transfer process.
- Provide Tracking: Share all shipping and tracking numbers with us at email@example.com to ensure a smooth process.
- Complete Paperwork: Once your item arrives, and we've completed our internal paperwork, we'll contact you to schedule an appointment for paperwork, fees, taxes, and background checks. NFA items require additional paperwork.
- Background Check: If your background check is successful, we'll arrange for you to recertify your paperwork and pick up your firearm or NFA items.
Please Note: If the seller or sender doesn't collect Nevada sales tax, we'll collect it. Provide a valid receipt to determine if Nevada sales tax was collected. If your background check is denied or unresolved, the transaction won't proceed. You can visit the NV DPS website for more information.
Ready to start your transfer? Contact us or ask any questions you have.